Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

On 2014-03-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 09:01:29 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" Mars@Tacks wrote in message
om...

[ ... ]

As a side note...I just wondered why Toms messages arent showing up.
I kinda wondered if he was not on here that much anymore and then I
see his messages in other peoples quotes. What the frack?

He is not in my kill file.

Perhaps he *is*. I've had undesired killfiling thanks to various
wildcarding. This is one reason I have things set up to always see the
list of articles being killfiled along with the passed ones. Sometimes,
I've never figured out why certain things wound up getting killed. :-)

FWIW -- if you are using slrn, the trick to make the killed
articles visible is to set the score to -9998 instead of the default
-9999. They show up on my screen, at least, with the subject and poster
in green instead of white. (And ones with *positive* scores show up in
yellow, IIRC.

And I kill both by poster (in certain cases) and by subject
line, or part of the subject line.

There is a command to force it to show you the line which killed
a given file, but I have lines which really include a couple of hundred
following lines, and it does not show me which of those following lines
actually do the killing. :-(

Enjoy,
DoN.

--