Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

On 3/1/2014 6:55 PM, nestork wrote:
I'm sure I speak for all the Canadians in here, including Home Guy, when
I give a great big Thank You to the US Navy for towing HMCS Protecteur
into Pearl Harbour.

HMCS (Her Majesty's Canadian Ship) Protecteur is a supply ship that had
a fire in it's engine room last night. The entire crew was up all night
fighting the blaze but managed to get it put out by morning. However,
the end result was that by morning, the ship was floating powerless in
the Pacific Ocean about 180 miles north of Pearl Harbour.

The US Navy is sending it's ship USS Chosen to tow our crippled vessel
into Pearl Harbour for repairs to it's engines. Canada will undoubtedly
be paying the US Navy for the repair work needed to the Protecteur, and
the crew of the Protecteur will be flown back to Canada while the
repairs are done.

Obviously, the Canadian Navy will do an investigation to find out how
that fire started. Fires on ships have always been the most dire of
emergencies because you can't retreat from the fire. You either put it
out, or you jump in the water and hope to Gawd that someone finds you
before the sharks do.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...fire-1.2555354

By golly, that made the news. I hope no one was injured.

I hope the US craft was able to validate your auto club
membership before the tow?

--
..
Christopher A. Young