Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Giant Paperweight

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:22:23 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I have been looking and looking and looking and I just can't find anything
for Pulse MIG under $3K + $1k add-on except the imports. There are two of
them, but I never heard of either one I started looking.

I know! I know! Buy good or buy twice.

I hadn't heard of pulsed MIG. Sounds like a new top end idea. I
personally wonder if the average Joe needs it.

For my money I'd buy a used Miller MIG blue box. I have a 252 that I
got at an auction for $500 with the AL spool gun. I can't imagine
needing more MIG than this tool. This machine will be in great shape
at my estate auction.

To me MIG is for production welding. When you need extra fine control
for a special application, move over to TIG.