Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Mystery apparatus.

On 02/28/2014 07:36 AM, John Robertson wrote:
On 02/28/2014 2:09 AM, Adrian C wrote:
On 28/02/2014 06:46, David Farber wrote:
A friend of mine passed along a couple of photos of something that looks
like some sort of jig, perhaps turntable related. He hasn't seen it or
used
it in so long that he can't remember what it is. Any ideas?

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...y-device-1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...y-device-2.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

It's a monitor audio stylift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM-0-FiuqRU

Ah, this gizmo:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=472866

John :-#)#

I feel sorry for people who can't work a tone arm without mechanical
help. Clue, use your "pinkie" finger as a miniature monopole (for
stability). Pivot your other fingers. Lowish light beyond the arm is
very helpful for finding the quiet parts on the platter and placing the
stylus. I never had the patience for damped cuing levers. Not bragging,
just sharing.