Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 3.5mm stereo headphone socket that isn't.

wrote:

The British and American slang differences are a great source of
humo(u)r. My brother has a friend who was visiting her husband's
relatives in Britain. These folks were pretty high class, pretty
proper. At the end of a good meal she exclaimed that she was
"stuffed". After comment only silenced ensued. Later that evening her
husband told her why her comment was offensive. This makes me think
about how much fun the Brits must have had when shag carpet was so
popular here in the US.

Are you saying there was no shagging going on, on that kind of
carpet?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.