Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian[_9_] Adrian[_9_] is offline

Default Power cuts

In message , Dave Baker
writes
So I'm happy it isn't just my house or its supply but surprised it
happens so often. Is this just a "living in the sticks" sort of thing
we have to get used to?

I live on the edge of somewhere.

I've been here for 13 years (before that I had 14 years in a nearby town
centre with no power cuts), and for the first few years, the power went
off with such regularity, I kept a record of it, but now it is a much
rarer event, perhaps every 18 months.

I was at one point moved to write to the distribution company and
complain about it. One of their staff rang me back and seemed to think
that because her power went off on a regular basis, all was well, but
things did improve after that.

There never seemed to be a consistent explanation (often there was no
explanation) as to why it went off, although on one occasion it was
supposedly down to a lightening strike on a substation (about 200yds
away as the crow flies), in that case I think we would have heard it,
and strangely the next day, it looked OK, and no signs of it having been
visited.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: