Kevin

Default Curved Tool Rests

I'll chime in a bit here but keep in mind that I am a bit biased in my
answers as we make curved toolrests. If you do a lot of bowls you
should not be without a curved toolrest, especially an external rest.
It is the only way to safely turn the outside of a bowl from foot to
rim in one pass and doing it in one shot is the easiest way to get a
good curve. As you get to be a better turner they become more and more
useful. When you are doing the inside of a bowl you rarely can turn
from rim to bottom because of vibration issues but inside they are
much safer and give much better tool control.
regards
Kevin Clay
Oneway Manufacturing

Which one do you have, do you like it and why or why not?

I was always going to get one but .......... well, just never did.

Thanks,
Ruth

Woodturners Logo
My shop and Turnings at