Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

"Tom Gardner" Mars@Tacks wrote in message
On 2/26/2014 4:01 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:56:26 PM UTC-5, Tom Gardner
wrote:
I also confess I don't know enough about electronics. Is there a
good
book to start with that isn't too stupid yet not over my head? I
think
I can still learn stuff.

I have not actually seen the book , but there is a book entitled "
Basic Electronics' which is a Navy training book. Published in
1972. Look on Abe or Amazon.
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...6amp%3Bsts%3Dt
Dan

wrote:
I also confess I don't know enough about electronics. Is there a
good
book to start with that isn't too stupid yet not over my head? I
think
I can still learn stuff.

Cool, I can get one for about $5!

Googling "navy electronics manual" brought a lot of links, mostly too
big for me to check with dialup.
http://jacquesricher.com/NEETS/

I did look at the first chapter from hnsa.org, one of my favorite
sources. The preliminary stuff on atomic structure is important once
you reach transistors, and for batteries. They changed the name from
Electric to Electron-ic for good reason.

The Navy put out the best self-study guides, I think because sailors
were stuck in their bunks off-duty whereas Army and Air Force guys
could go out drinking.

jsw