Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

"Tom Gardner" Mars@Tacks wrote in message
Thanks for all the replies and knowledge. My other battery charger
is a one pound electronic machine. It works OK, supplies 2, 6 and
12 amps and has all sorts of buttons and lights! What it won't do
is charge a totally dead battery...thus repairing the old Craftsman.
It displays: "BAD BATTERY" and I have to hook-up jumper cables from
another vehicle to get a few percent of a charge to get the
electronic charger to work.

I also confess I don't know enough about electronics. Is there a
good book to start with that isn't too stupid yet not over my head?
I think I can still learn stuff.

I learned electronics in the Army, without textbooks or homework,
which was nice. There are some courses on the Internet and Radio Shack
has books, but I doubt you'll find anything that takes you from
beginner to fixing an antique battery charger.
jsw