Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default 3.5mm stereo headphone socket that isn't.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
The Gilbert & Sullivan opera "Ruddigore" was originally titled
"Ruddygore". People actually refused to see it because of the resemblance
of "ruddy" to "bloody". So Gilbert changed the name.

When someone asked Gilbert "How's old 'Bloodygore' coming?", he replied
"If I say I like your ruddy complexion -- which I do -- it does not mean I
like your bloody cheek -- which I don't!"

When I was a lad in the UK, many people commonly chose the word "ruddy" as a
somewhat more polite way of swearing than using the very offensive (at the
time) "bloody".

Gareth.