Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Platt David Platt is offline

Default 3.5mm stereo headphone socket that isn't.

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

"Getting hammered" or "He's hammered" are also phrases for drunkenness here.
It can also refer to being under the influence of drugs.

I believe there's also a sexual connotation, in some contexts.

Bloody is a funny one. I've never looked into its origins as a swear
word.

One theory is that it comes from "B'r Lady" or "By our Lady" (a
sacrilegious reference to the Virgin Mary). There are lots of
competing theories... it seems as if nobody really knows for sure.

If you ask for it very rare, it
will normally be a little bloody in the middle. If you want a piece of meat
that a vet could bring back to life, you can ask for a 'blue' steak. This
has been really quickly flash cooked, and is only about 2 points to the
right of raw through to the core.

A college friend of mine used to use the instruction "Show it to a
picture of a flame for ten seconds."