Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations-Chainsaw Country

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:20:41 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Puckdropper wrote:

Here's what I was thinking about:
http://powersharp.com/default_NoFlash.asp#

I thought there was also a version built into the saw. Looking at the
website, though, it looks like one of those products that's a good
idea but restricted to special products only offered by one company.

Puckdropper

Please,,. don't waste your money, There is no wa you can properly sharpen a
chain in the way they describe. No matter - it only takes minutes to do it
the right way without getting scammmed by this kind of crap. Go to a local
chainsaw repair shop and have them show you how to do it. It will be so
worth your time that you will be posting comments about it. A simple round
file of the right size and a couple of strokes, and you can have a perfect;u
sharpened chain. Really... Yoi can!

Have an 12V electric file takes me about ten minutes to do the 18" and
14" saws, about twenty minutes with a regular file. Also remember to
mark the starting tooth otherwise it takes all day.

Mark