Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:07:55 -0800, "Tom Dacon"
wrote:

Talk to one of those guys - not the tree guy who really does not know.

Well, Mike, I'd like to congratulate you on winning the Olympic gold medal
for the broad jump to a conclusion, about my tree guys (let's take a minute
for the applause to die down). These guys are pros - qualified arborists who
have been in the business for two generations that I know about. They do
this every day, and they like their Huskys, and who am I, or you for that
matter, to tell them otherwise.

Come to think of it, I don't know anything about your qualifications,
either. Any special reason why I should listen to your opinion in preference
to theirs?

Tom

You could argue this point into the ground. I'm in Duvall,Wa where
there is a strong Stihl dealer which makes a big diffence. I'm still
running an o32 with a skip tooth chain on 24" bar after over 30 years,
I do some work for an aroboris and he runs all Stihl, again I think,
it's Bill at Carquest that is responsible. Ive dropped a tool off for
repair and been called to get it by the time I got home. We all get
to be a dumb ass sometimes. My point is a lot of times the best tool
is the one with the best support where you are.

MikeM