Posted to rec.woodworking
Dale Miller[_5_] Dale Miller[_5_] is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations

On 2/23/2014 2:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/23/2014 2:52 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have infrequent need for a chainsaw and have a little McCullough
electric that does OK. There are a couple of trees down in the back
too remote for the electric and I'd like to have a gas saw to take
advantage of found logs or limbs.

Since my use is infrequent, I don't want to invest too much. CL
frequently has Poulans available. Here's an example:
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/4346181306.html

Any thoughts?

Larry

That is because owners of Stihl and Husky don't sell them. Poulan
owners are giving up or upgrading to Stihl.

Sorry Ed didn't mean to send this to you.
Stupid Thunderbird changed there reply to button

Exactly I wouldn't sell my Stihl for anything.
Buy a Stihl and you won't have a need for any other saw.
I guarantee it.

I have my father-in-laws old Stihl and it is still a pretty good saw.
Of course it is over 20 years old.
So we purchased a new one about 5 years ago and never looked back.
I use it for firewood so it has to be a good saw and after 2 craftsman's
that didn't last more than 2 years we decided we needed a good saw if we
were going to cut our own firewood.
So trust me buy a Stihl as there the only company that isn't owned by a
congolermate like all the rest of the chainsaw companies out there.
Go look at Poulan, Craftsman, Husqvarna, etc and tell me they don't look
the same, that is because there all made by the same company now and
they all suck.

Husqvarna was the most recent sell out to the conglomerate.

Buy a Stihl you won't be sorry.

--
All the Best
Dale Miller