Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations

"Gramps' shop" wrote in message
I have infrequent need for a chainsaw and have a little McCullough
electric that does OK. There are a couple of trees down in the back too
remote for the electric and I'd like to have a gas saw to take advantage
of found logs or limbs.

Since my use is infrequent, I don't want to invest too much. CL
frequently has Poulans available. Here's an example:
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/4346181306.html

Go to the local pawn shop, and find you an old saw with good compression,
and ask them to start it up for you. I have a Poulan a bought when Huge hit
in (89 I think) and I use it for mainly trimming. I guarantee I could go
get it out of the shed, put fresh gas in it, and start it on the 4th or 5th
pull. I don't know about the newer Poulans. As little as you sound like
you use one, an old used saw sounds like what you need.
--
Jim in NC

---