Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rechargeable batteries are they worth the bother.

In article ,
curious writes:
Have a large collection of AA and AAA batteries and was wondering are they worth the bother in this age of chepo alkaline batteries.

I seem to have a very large number of things which take AA and AAA.
Each one has too low a usage rate for rechargables to work. The
items where it would have been worthwhile (digital cameras) couldn't
handle the lower voltage - after a few pictures, they claim the
rechargables are flat.

So I've given up on trying to use rechargable AA and AAA.

--
Andrew Gabriel