Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Old Marquette arc welder...

On 2/21/2014 7:23 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 06:40:15 -0600, Pete Keillor

If you use a graphics program, you can print them in reverse on the
clear stock, then apply them with the film on the outside. The film
may help protect the pigment.

Pete Keillor

Or you can do like I've been known to do and stamp the numbers into
the aluminum or zink plate with number punches, then wipe some
contrasting colour paint into the indentations - finish off with a
swipe of samdpaper or scotchbrite. It'l never fade away!!!

Well, given the wind was howling yesterday behind the front (64 mph gust
at airport, 50 mph sustained at peak at roughly 3AM), I didn't try to
fight it outside more than the absolute minimum required to check
water/feed/etc. ...

So, I built a nice graphic with Matlab and just for the exercise in not
having done it before I found a pretty inexpensive starter stencil kit
in town so I'm going to try it on a piece of scrap and see how it goes...

It's some winter entertainment as well as the (hopeful) result...