Mark & Juanita

Default FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:06:51 -0400, Mike Patterson
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:24:57 GMT, "Chris Melanson"
wrote:

Since when did this become a commercial advertisement forum ? You do not
see the many shop owners in this forum whoreing there products here do you?
Please take out an ad in a newspaper or trade publication not here.

Chris

It has long been a rec.ww convention that such advertising by folks who
also contribute to the group is a reasonable and acceptable practice. Mike
at American Sycamore, Steve Knight, Ed Bennett and his TS Aligner, and
Robin Lee to name a few have all been acceptable postings because those
people also post advice regardless of whether they have a vested interest
in the question or not. Those who have not fared well nor been accepted
are those who drive-by post advertising without participating, or those who
under false pretenses make some reference to a vendor as if they
"discovered" said vendor when they are actually representing that vendor.

You're new here, aren't ya?

Steve's been contributing to this group for several years, with an
occasional plug for his beautiful handmade tools, considerately marked
with a "FS" in the subject line so that hypersensitive types can
easily filter them out. Assuming they can figure out how to set up a
filter.

Personally, I'm very glad to see Steve having a sale. I might actually
be able to scrape up enough dough to buy something. Kinda wish I
hadn't just bought that 60GB drive...

Good luck to you scraping up the cash, believe me, it's worth it. I took
advantage of Steve's last sale and got one of his smoothers -- it has made
a significant difference in my being able to have success with a smoothing
plane. I still haven't gotten to the point of being able to eliminate the
use of sandpaper but I am getting there.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."