Wanderer

Default Reluctant taps

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:25:46 +0100, Liz wrote:

snip

Whoops, have I done something wrong here?

Nah, it's just that some people have a very low opinion of electronic
'descalers'.

I don't want an expensive descaling machine, just some advice about
unblocking taps. I'll try replacing the taps, and if it looks as though its
a problem with the pipes I'll get a plumber in.

Do you have an old-fashioned hardware store near you? They're a likely
source of Kilrock K, which is a superb liquid descaler. It puts the
'supermarket' stuff into the shade when it comes to descaling. It's also
possible to get it in a gel form which is useful for getting rid of
limescale actually on the body of taps, etc.

You can't get it everywhere, so you may have to search around for it. They
do mail order as well. If you try Yell, you should be able to track them
down.