Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Make a Mallet (Shopnotes)

On 2/19/2014 4:41 PM, dpb wrote:

One thing is clear...the practice w/ the modern computer and things such
as Matlab, Mathematica, and all the other engineering toolsets is a far
cry from the early days when was issued the 20" K+E slide rule when
first reported for duty at B&W NPGD...

Last couple of semesters of college making up for lost time with as many
math courses as I could handle, my slide rule skills were like a sharp
pencil when I was drafted into the Army. As a young Fire Direction
Officer, I had no trouble routinely sending commands to the guns before
our computerized system cleared its buffers.

Today, I'd have a hard time using one to stir my coffee ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net