Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Old Marquette arc welder...

dpb wrote:
Spent a little while this afternoon cleaning all the old wasp nests and
other assorted dirt from the old welder, same exercise having been
instigated owing to the amperage adjusting screw having gotten dry to
the point of being nearly impossible to move.

While doing so, got to wondering if could possibly find a manual or
picture for same that could use as guide for locations of the faded-out
markings on the front that are almost indistinguishable for the low
range and are totally so for the high range above about the 60A marking.
They were silkscreened onto a light background and time has treated
them poorly--the white paint seems to have chalked to the point it has
basically just fallen off the background surface leaving virtually no
trace of its passing...

Anyway, a quick search didn't turn up anything at all like the one here
which is a model EW67C welder/charger. I really don't know just how old
it actually is--I'm guessing it's probably about '58 or so as that's
when we began a major expansion of feedlots and Dad did a lot of custom
fabrication of gate hinges, hooks, bunk hardware, etc., and also was
doing a lot of hardfacing of sweeps and lister shears, etc., then as
well...so I'm guess that was impetus to have purchased it. It still
works well; it doesn't get a lot of use so despite the age it in usage
years is still pretty young I'd guess...

So, just a wild shot in the dark if anybody knows of any other resources
for vintage Marguette stuff--I see Lincoln bought them and Century in 2003.

--

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.a...164497&lang=En

--
Steve W.