Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop wiring and lighting

"basilisk" wrote in message
news
On 02/18/2014 01:14 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

Is there? LOL. I know. I know. I am a freak running so much CNC
stuff in my one man shop.

You got me there Bob, not having any CNC, I tend not to think in those
terms.

basilisk

Anyway, my point was that I never had any intention of running a CNC shop
8/9 years ago when I started building the shop, and even 5 years ago +/-
when I bought my first small CNC machine I never thought I would want more
power for more and bigger machines. Even my 110V machines are getting 220V
spindles. I even plan to retrofit my drill presses and manual mill drill to
220V 3 phase motors so I can speed control them with a VFD. I didn't even
know how to do stuff like that not that many years ago.

Its not big deal if your shop stays open to add wire and outlets, but if you
plan to have workbenches along all the walls with racks and pegboards above
all the way around like I do then it's a little more of a pain. If you are
sure of your usage then its no big deal anyway.

---