Norm Dresner

Default Cheap tools from Harbor Freight

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:13:02 GMT, "AL" wrote:

A new battery is $10. 90121-0VGA. But I wouldn't recommend anyone buy
this set. Nor would I recommend anyone buy the equivalent set from Delta
(which looks remarkably like this one).

I have one of the cheap HF drills - a 14V. It works and has done
pretty good duty for the last year or so since I dropped my better one
and couldn't swing the scratch to replace it with something decent.
The only real comment I have on it is that the motor is about half the
power of my old 14V drill - not sure why that should be.

Voltage is not the only thing that determines the power in the motor.
Remember that you can but 120V AC motors from 1/60HP to at least 2 HP

Norm