Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default 1/8 " bandsaw blade problem

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...
"Vic Baron" wrote in message

I've been trying to use a 1/8" blade for some scroll work and I'm having a
helluva time keeping the blade tracking.

I get it set and it runs fine for a little while and then it will start to
move either forward or back. I've tried TimberWolf and Olsen and HIghland
Hardware 105" blades and it makes no difference.

Because it works fine for a while I'm thinking that the blade is
stretching as it warms up. Perhaps adding a bit more blade tension after
cutting for a while, to compensate for the stretching, would help.

John

The "AHA" moment! I think you hit the nail on the head!

Vic