Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default 1/8 " bandsaw blade problem

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

I've been trying to use a 1/8" blade for some scroll work and I'm
having a helluva time keeping the blade tracking.

I get it set and it runs fine for a little while and then it will
start to move either forward or back. I've tried TimberWolf and Olsen
and HIghland Hardware 105" blades and it makes no difference.

Because it works fine for a while I'm thinking that the blade is
stretching as it warms up. Perhaps adding a bit more blade tension after
cutting for a while, to compensate for the stretching, would help.

John

Agreed with the stretching/expanding with heat. Once it expands the
tracking will change. Try letting it cool and see of the blade returns
to normal.