Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat washers

On 2/16/2014 7:15 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/15/2014 7:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 19:05:57 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/15/2014 6:32 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 07:26:37 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

One time I made a faucet valve stem washer from a piece
of leather for a temporary fix...eventually replaced.

Good one! I'd not have thought of that.

Hey. You have to get Red Neck in home repair once in a
while.

Somewhere in my tools I had a gasket punch set that I would use
to make circular washers out of heavy duty gasket material for
things like faucets. Dang, I'm missing so many tools. o_O

TDD

Gosh. I cannot remember the last time I made or used gasket
material for something.

Used a pipe end to cut the circle with a hammer...

I had a set of gasket punches that were much like leather punches.
The punches were round and had an extremely sharp cutting edge on
one end and were meant to punch perfectly round holes for bolts to
go through. I had some other tools for cutting special gaskets like
the tool with a pliers like handle for cutting the 90° notch out of
a roll replacement gasket material, even the magnetic ones for
refrigerated case doors. I could make my own door gaskets for
refrigerators. Gosh, I'm missing a lot of tools. o_O

TDD

Ask Oren he probably has them or Philo... The only important tool is
between your legs; think with it.

I see a lot of tools posting to Usenet but the tool between my legs is
the only tool I haven't lost,...yet. ^_^

TDD