Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rong Fu parts..

On 2014-02-16, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 19:38:42 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:09:22 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

ACMEs have such large flats and beefy, deep threads, I don't see how
ACME could even support a 7/8-10 thread. Physics has laws, y'know.

The thread form is the same regardless of the OD, so any Acme pitch
thread can be cut on as large an OD as you like.

Hey, that's cool. Same width flat? I thought they were around 0.1"
themselves. (Distant memory. My metalworking knowledge is steadily
growing, but I have one helluva long way to go.)

Same dimensions for an Acme thread of the same pitch, no matter
what the diameter is (assuming that there is enough metal to allow the
thread. (But then, there is also "Stub Acme", which is not as deep a
thread.)

http://www.unionmillwright.com/2884.pdf No, I guess not.

They don't mention the Stub Acme, but you can find it in
_Machinery's Handbook_ among other places.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail