Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Flat washers for refrigerator service

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/15/2014 6:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Last night me and JH serviced the refrigerator. We cleaned the
condenser and unclogged the defrost drain from the freezer using
the long skinny brush I have for it and made good use of the small
shop vac we have. The fridge runs better and there is no more water
on the floor due to a clogged drain line. It was a simple but pain
in the ass job and now my left knee has swelled to the size of my
thigh because I was crawling around on the floor. At least the
fridge is working properly. o_O

TDD

I've worked on a lot of refrig. Dirty condensor causes the compressor
to change note, sometimes they really sound angry when they are over
heated.

I've been known to clear defrost drains with turkey baster and hot
water. Suck up the melted ice with the same turkey baster, and put
the melt in a separate container.

I'm still paying a high price for such a simple thing as cleaning the
condenser. Sandy gets under the blanket and rests her little head on my
swollen knee. It's odd that the only female of any species who really
loves me weighs 11 pounds and can lick her own butt. I think the little
critter knows when I don't feel well or when I'm in pain. ^_^

TDD

They do!

--
Tekkie