Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat washers and flat pennies

On 2/16/2014 8:13 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 2/15/2014 12:39 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:28:28 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/14/2014 3:59 PM, WW wrote:

Us kids in the 30's we would heat a penny real hot and set
it on the sidewalk as someone was coming by. We were a
ornery bunch WW
. Did you ever put a penny on the rail road tracks, and come
back to find it rolled flat? I've done that. Wonder if it
works with the new zinc pennies?

Another trick with railroad tracks...

My son tells me that if you take a metal pole and lay it
across the tracks close to a railroad crossing, the gates will
come down. I've never witnessed it, but he said he did it a
couple times when he was a teenager hanging out with some
friends that live way out in the country.

I am not absolutely positive, but in the USA, I believe such
would be a federal offense.

When I was a kid, if a railroad cop caught you putting anything on
a train track, your parents were called and you got a butt
whupping. Today, a 9 year old would be turned over to the FBI
charged with terrorism and paraded in chains for the TV cameras.
What's happened to my country? o_O

TDD

How about these kids? (It's long, but it appears to just repeat so
you don't have to watch the whole thing)

Minor Childrens Performed Stunt on Railway Track Mumbai Local
Train...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_uVsMg_4Cc

WTF was that TV news anchor saying? ^_^

TDD