Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Flat washers and flat pennies

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 04:16:27 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/15/2014 10:08 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 22:01:13 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 14:12:24 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:07:49 -0500,
wrote:

A 100 car plus freight train would make nickel foil out of a 5
cent peice, and a 4 inch copper smudge out of a penny if you
could find any remains of it at all.

Um, how would the coin stay on the track long enough for 100
freight cars to pass over it?
The one time I tried with the nickel it stuck to the track. The
other time it may have stuck to the wheel because I never found it

There were a few times I found the penny on the rail afterwards.
Other times if flipped off the track and was laying beside the rail.

You guys were wimps, I put stones on the track to make rock powder. ^_^

TDD

You're such a rock hound. The granite rocks had red garnets in them,
one could collect.