Evon

Default Hand held planner

I like to make furniture out of old wood. Sometimes I need to flatten a
board. My shop space is limited so I thought maybe a hand held planner would
save me a trip to the local planning mill and the $ 12.00 USD they charge me
to run a board thru the planner a couple of times.
"David" wrote in message
I have a DeWalt. I never use it. What do you want a hand
held planner for, may I ask? It qualifies as one of those
tools that I thought I wanted/needed but find it isn't too
useful except for knocking high spots off of a warped stud
when building walls. I see no place for it in fine woodworking.

David

Evon wrote:

I'm in the market for a hand held planner. What's a good size than can

be
easily controlled by hand? What is a good make and model? Thanks, Evon