Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rong Fu parts..

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 19:38:42 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:09:22 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

ACMEs have such large flats and beefy, deep threads, I don't see how
ACME could even support a 7/8-10 thread. Physics has laws, y'know.

The thread form is the same regardless of the OD, so any Acme pitch
thread can be cut on as large an OD as you like.

Hey, that's cool. Same width flat? I thought they were around 0.1"
themselves. (Distant memory. My metalworking knowledge is steadily
growing, but I have one helluva long way to go.)

http://www.unionmillwright.com/2884.pdf No, I guess not.

McMaster carries a wide selection of Acme screws and nuts. I purchased
a 6ft piece of 1-10 screw and matching bronze nut a few weeks ago. I
bet they have 3/4-10 as well.

In both L and R?

BTW, the Moglice mentioned elsewhere costs about $40 for a 100ml kit.

Ouch, but probably cheaper than paying someone else for special
machining.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.