Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rong Fu parts..

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Phil Kangas" wrote in message

I replaced a worn-out Acme leadscrew on my surface grinder with
3/4-10 vee-threaded rod. On a Rong Fu it might be sufficiently
accurate.
jsw

This jussst may be the way to go on this one!

The RF-31 I bought for Unitrode wasn't accurate to better than 0.005",
for several uncorrectable reasons, so I used manual methods to lay out
and prick-punch hole centers, and machined edges to dimension by
cutting oversize and measuring the needed adjustment, a short traverse
less affected by leadscrew inaccuracy. This cut could be climb-milled
in the opposite direction from the roughing cut for a better surface
finish.
jsw