Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rong Fu parts..

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message
Guy showed up here the other day asking if I
could repair the table lead screw nuts for a
RF mill drill. ;)} They are brass and one was
stripped out and the other was almost there.
He got it from a school shop and looks like
it was bumped or dropped, maybe that's why
the nuts are like this. So, buy new ones from
Rong Fu. Nope, can't find anything on the net
he says so I looked but nope, none. They are
7/8 - 10 acme. Did a web search for them but
nope, none available!Huh? Anyone know of
a source this nut? It would be easier to weld it
to a flat bar to make the mill useable anyway.
Or spend time to make two of them on the
lathe. Time is money...

I replaced a worn-out Acme leadscrew on my surface grinder with 3/4-10
vee-threaded rod. On a Rong Fu it might be sufficiently accurate.
jsw