Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Door Design

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 05:20:27 -0500, Jeff Thies
wrote:

On 2/14/2014 7:11 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:48:40 -0500, Jeff Thies
wrote:

snip

We used kerosene heaters in NY for emergency heat. Not so good. In
VT we had a wood stove that would drive you out of the house if it
wasn't below 10F, or so. ;-) We never lost power for any time,
though. We're in a development now, too, but it's kinda out in the
boonies.

I thought that may be the case, when you mentioned 30 hours! I'm *in*
the city.

Well, we're technically "in the city" but it's not Atlanta. ;-)

Pretty quiet for a corner lot as none of the other corners are occupied.
One is a mother in law that the mother in law never came. One in rehab,
and one that burned that I have maintained in a mostly woodsy manner, I
rather like it! Woods on the periphery, blackberry fields down the
block. Ah, city life!

;-)

Our subdivision was half built when the '08 crash came and we're at
the back edge of the development. There were only two houses back
this far (set aside for full basements) and my lot backs to woods. The
lots are all larger than 1.5acres so it's pretty quiet here. They're
just getting back to building now (a house going up on one side, now).