Posted to rec.woodworking
Jeff Thies[_2_] Jeff Thies[_2_] is offline

Default Door Design

On 2/14/2014 10:14 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:00:34 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 2/14/2014 6:48 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 2/13/2014 6:32 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 21:56:05 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Jeff Thies" wrote:

I fall in the other group. In fact, I don't even see it as a door,
and have mentally filed it away. I like it.
----------------------------------
I know it's not Cleveland, but how is the weather in Atlanta?

Lost power for 30hrs.

Yikes.

It was 49F in the house this morning (the cats
were trying to share our body heat . We didn't eat much yesterday
(too cold to get out from under the covers for long) so went out for
lunch.

Restaurants were very busy, I've heard.

I've thought a bit about emergency heat, although I have a very seldom
used woodstove fireplace insert in a different part of the house.

Cleanest would be to get a propane cat heater, messier is to get some
lamp fuel for kerosene lanterns. It's about 1000 BTU/hr for each lamp, a
couple lamps could knock the chill off a room. White gas and a double
mantle "coleman" lamp would probably toast you up.

Just a thought.

Jeff

We're on the SW side of Atlanta so only had 1/4" of ice and a
dusting of snow on top. the roads were fine. When we came home,
about 4:30, the power had been on for about 45min and the house was
warm(er). Back to work tomorrow.

Just don't wind up with carbon monoxide poisining... Some idiots in
Philly put charcoal grills in their home to heat it...
Imagine?

Darwin at work.

That is exactly what I thought!

Jeff