Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default TVR on communal central heating system

On Friday, February 14, 2014 3:29:00 PM UTC, Derek F wrote:
On 14/02/2014 08:31, harryagain wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

In article ,

Vir Campestris writes:

On 12/02/2014 19:37, Derek F wrote:

We live in a Block with a communal heating and hot water system.

It has been suggested that residents at their own expense have TVR's

fitted to their radiators to cut down on the communal heating bill.

Some have previously replaced their radiators and have TVR's.

To my very simple mind I'm not convinced that it will work.... but I

will soon be corrected. At the moment if I have a valve full on or turn

it down to barely on the radiators stay at the same heat.

Derek

(cross-posted)

It seems to me if the radiator doesn't cool down the valve isn't off.

TRVs should cut down the costs - you won't get people having to open the

windows to control heat.

A very common misunderstanding is that a TRV is a *radiator* thermostat.