Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default TVR on communal central heating system

In article ,
"harryagain" writes:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Vir Campestris writes:
It seems to me if the radiator doesn't cool down the valve isn't off.

TRVs should cut down the costs - you won't get people having to open the
windows to control heat.

A very common misunderstanding is that a TRV is a *radiator* thermostat.
It is not - it's a *room* thermostat.

The radiator will variously go hot/warm/cold, as the TRV maintains the
*room* temperature.

The big problem is they don't work very well.
They are more influenced by the nearby radiator temperature than the room
temperature.
Unless you have one with a remote sensor.

Fortunately, at least for any of the decent ones I've used, that's
completely untrue.

--
Andrew Gabriel