Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Dado repair... good idea.

On 2/13/14, 9:59 AM, woodchucker wrote:
I have a ridge carbide dado, I gave it back to them last year to
redo, the sizes were so far off I could not get close to 1/4 and the
points were coming through heavily.

I needed to use it and it was heavliy rusted. They probably never put
a rust preventitive on it after recutting the teeth. So I clean it
up, and after using it, I hate waxing dadoes because they slip while
on the arbor. But I had no choice, any rust preventitive was going to
be a lube too. So after lubing it, I started thinking how am I going
to keep them from spinning into each other.

I use bow string wax on my drumsticks to increase grip. I actually used
it on some paint brushes the last couple weeks because the dry cold was
really effecting my grip.

I know you already came up with a solution, but for those listening in
bow string wax it would prevent rust but not be slippery. It can be
found at any sporting good store with an archery section.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--