Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Dado repair... good idea.

On 2/13/2014 7:32 PM, Dan Kozar wrote:
In article ,
woodchucker wrote:

I have a ridge carbide dado, I gave it back to them last year to redo,
the sizes were so far off I could not get close to 1/4 and the points
were coming through heavily.

I needed to use it and it was heavliy rusted. They probably never put a
rust preventitive on it after recutting the teeth. So I clean it up, and
after using it, I hate waxing dadoes because they slip while on the
arbor. But I had no choice, any rust preventitive was going to be a lube
too. So after lubing it, I started thinking how am I going to keep them
from spinning into each other.

Jeff,

I have used Dri Cote with no slipping problems for years. And have had
good luck with Top Cote on cast iron surfaces. However, I seem to recall
that they have changed their names, but should be easy to find in the
catalogs.

Thanks, but I already did the engraving. Seems like the knurling (a form
of) will do the trick. If I run into another situation I'll consider
them. Between all the stuff out there, it's hard to remember which does
what. Boeshield, topcote, dri cote, and others.

--
Jeff