Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default sketchup help needed

On 2/13/2014 6:45 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/13/2014 1:06 PM, woodchucker wrote:
I have a problem with my model here.
I have drilled a hole through the side, in Xray mode it looks correct,
but in 3d solid it does not. I did it the same way I did the top drill
through, so what is going on here.

It looks like you didn't use the push/pull tool far enough to break the
outside faces of the block with the circle you used to push through to
get the hole?

In order to get a circular hole through both sides of solid, you need to
make sure you go all the way to the outside face of both sides ... just
like you do with a drill.

If that is not the problem, can you make the model available for download?

Sure, I suck at sketchup. I sized those holes the wrong size.
I don't see a way to resize the hole, nor do I see a way to move a
drilled hole.

Man this has taken me all day practically when not shovelling or raking
the roof..

This is based off Ron Walters adjuster. I used my dial indicator to move
the fence the other day and it was dead on. I just want to build this
thing to make life easier instead of setting up a machinists' magnet and
arms.. takes too long.. I see this as a valuable tool. I was able to
dial it in , in seconds.

Ron's article is : http://woodgears.ca/reader/walters/fence_micro.html

My sketchup model is at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw2...it?usp=sharing