Wes Stewart

Default specialized or custom router bits

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:39:39 -0700, "Grant" wrote:

|Actually what I am looking for is a chamfer bit that has the bearing on the
|inside and can handle up to 3/4" thickness. I intend to put in in my router
|table and with a template chamfer panels of foam that have a variable
|thickness, so that no matter what the thickness the edge has a 45 degree
|chamfer along the entire panel.

I think you're asking for a bit with the bearing on the shaft rather
than the pointy end, but maybe not.

If not:

http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-router...986820_3794+33

If yes, then you might buy one of these anyway and slip a 1/4" ID
bearing on the shaft. It will not fit tight against the bottom of the
cutter, however, as they put a substantial fillet on that end.