Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default sketchup help needed

On 2/13/2014 2:10 PM, Dan Coby wrote:
On 2/13/2014 11:06 AM, woodchucker wrote:
2 things.

Leon, you gave me info on how to get the parts printed once b4, I lost
them ,

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about printing to scale?

how do I explode the parts in 2d mode so I can work on them.

If the "parts" are components and you want to explode them to make them
noncomponents, simply select, right click and select explode. Once
exploded you will have to make the pieces in to a component again if you
want them to be component.

You can edit a component by left triple clicking the component. Or
select the component and right click and choose edit component.

I have a problem with my model here.
I have drilled a hole through the side, in Xray mode it looks correct,
but in 3d solid it does not. I did it the same way I did the top drill
through, so what is going on here.

See image: http://imgur.com/cEVTMC5

I assume you attempted to drill the holes through the outer and inner
pieces. You will have to edit both separately.

It would be easier to provide a definite answer if we had the model
instead of pictures.

Are the side pieces components? If so then the 'hole' may not be part
of the component. Instead it may be a cylinder which intersects the side
piece but is not part of the side piece component.

Dan