Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Cooker lead extention

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I'm not sure that will be possible, it looks like the original cooker
was installed cooker first then the switch wired up then tiles
installed. I would try using the old cooker wire as a draw cable
but I have the impression that it's been p[lastered into the wall.

Extend the cable using a suitable junction box. No problems with that
if it's simply behind the cooker so still 'accessible'.

Indeed - or just pushed under an adjacent plinth:-)

A suitable junction box would be
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AAJB60.html as it has strain relief for
the cable - just in the off chance that she moves the cooker to clean behind
it.

--

Adam