Posted to rec.woodworking
BillinGA BillinGA is offline

Default Pulled the trigger on a Woodworker II

Re plywood faceframes- my SIL made cabinets for a relative. They were painted with oil base that laid down very well. I was skeptical when he told me he was going to make the ff's out of ply. He sanded all exposed edges carefully. I don't know how he came up with such void free plywood but I was very impressed with the finish...no sign of the layers. It looks just like painted mdf or solid wood. It is one of those things I would not believe if I had not seen it for myself. I still wouldn't do it that way but it worked for him.