TeamCasa

Default Suggestions for making a "ring"

Mark, Be careful when routing the inside of the ring. Tape blocks or dowels
in as you go or double stick tape the ring to a scrap to hold it secure.
Dave

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Waterwheel. So having the inside smooth is fine as the bottom of the
buckets will attach there. Outside rough is fine and preferred. Router
and center point it is! Thanks!

George wrote:

Router and center point for me. Common enough use for a router to be in
almost all the books. I've done the bandsaw for outsides, jig works

fine.
Trouble is, you're still going to have to spokeshave or belt sand the

edges
anyway, with the problem of flat spots. Router leaves a nice edge, and
doesn't care if it's making a hollow octagon round or a huge slab into a
donut.

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message

On 27 Jul 2004 12:30:13 EDT, Mark and Kim Smith

wrote:

As part of a project I'm making, I need to make a 4' ring. The

outer

circumference, which will be the 4' diameter,

So now I'm thinking either a 2' - 4" plywood disc template to run the
router around using a collar or a template / jig that pins at the center
that enables me to swing the router on the 1' - 2" radius. And sorry,
no lathe in my gar.... er, shop so that's out.