Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default 1.5 to 450V - Hand calcs0003.pdf

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:48:19 -0800, josephkk
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 00:11:40 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie
wrote:

In article ,
John Fields wrote:

begin 644 Hand calcs0003.pdf

LOL! Isn't that one of the early "150 in one" finger shocker circuits
that didn't work.

The transformer saturates before the relay engages. If the 1.5V battery
can overcome the transformer's current, it turns into a little arc lamp
because the voltage rises too fast for the contacts to open.

There are a few working variations of the relay transformer driver.
It's how tubes were driven from batteries in the old days. (Hint: add a
capacitor)

I had the occasion to work on vibrator power supply radios a few times.
They did some strange things in those.

?-)

Not a good thing when you're a teenager parking in lover's lane... ate
batteries like no tomorrow... my 1950 Nash with the reclining seats
had a ten watt audio system run off a vibrator pack ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |