Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Using wiring for attic light socket as plug socket?

In article , Muddymike
writes
In article , Muddymike
writes

Personally I'd say 13A socket, 13A dual socket, 13A single socket or
whatever.

This is a DIY group. Not every DIY person has a full grasp of professional
terminology including myself. He made the situation perfectly clear in the
first sentence (which I notice has been clipped out) explaining what he
wanted to do.

Professional terminology like 13A socket ;-)

Asking, what type of double plug socket? May have been constructive,
commenting "Make your mind up, a plug or a socket? They are two different
things." Just makes the writer sound like a smart arse with nothing to
contribute!

That remains my opinion.

Actually you're quite right and it's a helpful reminder, never a
negative without a positive[1], so it's fine to make a correction but
only after offering a solution or constructive suggestion on the problem
at hand which was not done in the case you pointed out.

My bessie mate has the 'plug socket' mental block and I am have no
reservations about ripping the **** out of him over it but he is a
software engineer and so cannot be expected to have a grasp of the real
world.

[1] There are no prizes for finding instances where I have failed to do
this but I sit suitably reminded for the future.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .