Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interesting: Greenland glacier sets new speed record

On 11/02/14 15:48, Broadback wrote:
On 11/02/2014 09:22, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Gives new meaning to the term 'glacial'.

The Jakobshavn glacier in Greenland is retreating at a speed of 2 meters
_per hour_ according to a study:

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...-sets-glacial-
speed-record/

FWIW: I'm not persuaded either way about global warming; keeping an open
mind.

Actually I do believe there is global warming. But I do not think it is
due to the reasons politicians think it is. The world temperature has
never been stable and changes frequently, and not only over 1000s of years.

+1

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.