Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using wiring for attic light socket as plug socket?

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh, I used a clock point for that sort of thing, I have to say, but
then I'm weird.

More normal plug/socket combination to use on a lighting circuit would be
2 or 5 amp three pin - that's why they are still available from nearly all
makers of wiring accessories.

But if you wish to use something like a lead light or other device fitted
with a 13 amp plug, you'll need a 13 amp socket. With the wiring protected
by a FCU with a 5 amp fuse.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.